We have three Easy Smoked Salmon Holiday Appetizers recipes for your holidays. They are quick and fun to make, and very entertaining if you have friends over. We divided this Friday’s episode into three separate videos so it is easier for you to watch and prepare them. Capt’n Kenny is to the rescue so you can concentrate into having fun this holiday season with our delicious Smoked Salmon Recipes.
When you want to make a quick appetizer, our Smoked Salmon Suckers, and our Smoked Salmon Kisses are the perfect recipes that will provide your guests with sophisticated flavors. They’re easy to make and quick to prepare. Watch Capt’n Kenny prepare them or use the printer-friendly recipe below and you will be the star of your holidays celebrations!
Smoked Sockeye Salmon Suckers
- 1 English Cucumber
- 1/2 cup Softened Cream Cheese
- 8 oz Smoked Salmon Slices
- 3 tbsp Fresh Chopped Dill
- Bamboo Skewers
1. Cut cucumber into ½ to ¼ inch cubes.
2. In a bowl, season cream cheese with salt and pepper to taste and stir into cheese.
3. Place one piece of sliced salmon on a plastic wrap covered plate. Thinly spread a small amount of cream cheese on the salmon and place a heaping teaspoon of cucumber pieces in the centre.
4. Take all four corners of the plastic wrap and twist together to form a ball.
5. Place in freezer on a cookie sheet for 10 to 15 minutes
6. Take out of freezer, remove plastic wrap and roll salmon balls into chopped dill.
7. Pierce with a skewer or cocktail pick to make a sucker.
- Fresh Dill can be substituted for Sesame seed for rolling the suckers to make variations.