Lobster… Red… Delicious… Exotic… Lobster…! The most coveted food for any tourist or visitor to the Maritime provinces of Canada, lobster. These delicious creatures, are bottom feeders in the ocean. They crawl and walk the ocean floor in search for food until a tempting piece of fish inside a cage beckons them to come, stay… and become a catch for the Lobster Fisherman.
Living in Nova Scotia, Capt’n Kenny has had the pleasure to meet many fishermen, who have repeatedly invited him to be on their boat. Recently, the Capt’n had the honor to be on the Seawinds, invited by his Capt’n, Tony Gaudet from HJanvrin’s Island here in Nova Scotia. That adventure will soon be released under a new series that we are calling “From the Sea floor to your table”, but for now, Capt’n Kenny is showing in this new video, how easy it is to cook a Lobster and make a Lobster roll. Enjoy!
We have to thank Tony Gaudet and the crew of the Seawinds for the delicious Lobster used to prepare our dish. We also thank Tabasco and Jost Wines for providing us with the best compliments to our Lobster Roll.
Whether you buy the lobster already cooked or buy it alive to cook it. This recipe, along with the video, will show you how to prepare Capt'n Kenny's delicious Lobster Rolls. You can find the method for cooking the Lobster after the recipe.
- 450 Grams Fresh Steamed Lobster Meat cut into chunks I use Tails ,Claws and Claw Leg Meat
- 1 1/2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Chopped Celery Leaves plus the main artery of the celery stalk which is the most tender finely chopped.
- 1 tbsp Fresh Chopped Chives
- 1 tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 2-3 tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1-2 Splash Tabasco Brand Pepper Sauce
- 1/8 tsp Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 4 units Fresh Toasted Hot Buttered Buns
- 8 leaves Fresh Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- 1/2 tbsp Mayonnaise for Toasted Buttered Bun optional
Mix the first eight ingredients together, place Lettuce Leaves on both sides of the Hot Toasted Buttered Buns , then mound the Lobster Mixture on top of the bottom bun
Cook the Lobster
You will need:
- Large Pot with Lid
- Two inches of Fresh Seawater for 6 2 1/2 Lb Live Lobsters. (note: If you are only cooking 2 - 3 live lobsters then only use 1 inch of Fresh Seawater)
- Bring Seawater to a vigorous rolling boil
- Remove Claw Rubber Bands from both Lobster Claws (Note: use a knife or a pair of tongs to remove them) Never cook the Lobsters with the bands on as the meat will take on the taste of rubber.
- Place Lobsters in Pot and cook for 20 Minutes
- Immediately remove all the Lobsters from the cooking pot , begin by twisting the tails from the heads and twist the Claws and Claw Legs from the Lobster Body
- Cool the Lobster Heads and then place them in a freezer bag and freeze. Never throw away the Heads and Shell Stock these remains make an amazing Seafood Stock for chowders etc.